Setup and Install Canon Setup
ij.start.canon | Detailed Description
Before knowing about the process to connect the printer to the computer or other devices, we can see about the canon ij setup. The ij.start.canon is the procedure to
connect your printer to the other devices using a wireless connection. When the network connection is made with the canon printer then you can take print from your devices
such as smartphones, tablets, computers, laptops or other devices without using the USB cable .
What Are The Requirements For Connecting The Canon IJ Printer To Wireless Network?
The various steps involved in connecting the printer to the wireless network using the “ ij.start.canon” are as follows:
1. The windows users have to put the CD that has been provided with the printer set for initiating with the Canon wireless printer setup.
2. If you’re not having the CD or if you are a MAC user then you have to direct towards downloading the software manual and follow the printer which you are availing.
3. Then you will find a screen appearing and on that you’ve to click on NEXT.
4. If you are a MAC user then you have to type the password so that the helper tool can be installed. Then again you have to click on NEXT to ensure a smooth functioning.
5. IMPORTANT STEP: here you will find a screen appearing which will feature whether you will want to pursue with USB or wireless connection. Go for the wireless connection obviously.
6. Then, you have to keep in mind that the printer must be switched on and also the power lamp is on and then jump to NEXT. Next, you have to associate with the network by connecting.
7. A screen will appear from where you have to select ‘cableless setup’. If you are a pursuer of Windows XP then you won’t be able to see the ‘cableless setup’ option but you will have to select ‘other setup’ option.
8. Then the Windows XP people have to direct towards selecting the ‘wireless setup using the USB cable’ for the Canon wireless printer setup option.
9. A very crucial step in ij.start.canon setup is this one. you will notice ‘connection via cableless setup’ option appearing and from there you have to jump to the printer’s wifi option and keep on holding until the orange coloured alarm lamp sparkles twice and then you just release it.
10. Henceforth, you have to make sure that the blue coloured Wi-fi lamp portion is flashing instantly and simultaneously the green coloured power lamp is sparkling. Then select NEXT.
How To Install The ij.start.canon Printer Driver?
1. After connecting your printer to a wireless network, you can take a print out from various devices. Now we are going to see how to install a canon printer driver to your computer using a wireless network. Installing the network printer is a tedious task when compared to the USB connection.
2. First, read the installation guide if you have a hard copy of user manual then read this one & for online user manual user can visit ij.start canon to access user manual & other settings also provided with your canon printer. Connect to the wireless network using the display screen provided in the Canon wireless printer.
3. If your printer is successfully connected to your network, then you can easily install by opening the control panel. In the control panel select the devices and printer and in that select the add printer option.
4. Next select add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer option from various options available. Then select your wireless printer from the list of printers available.
5. Now install the driver software needed for your computer by clicking the install driver button. If you need to know further details regarding the process of installation you can visit the ij.start canon.